CONSUMER PR STUDY FINDS CSR IS EXPECTED TO SOLVE GLOBAL PROBLEMS
- Companies are expected to step up where governments have failed.
- Transparency, sustainability, and a purpose beyond profit are more than popular catchphrases. They’re now bottom-line expectations for how larger businesses and brands are expected to operate, according to new research by Havas PR UK.
A new consumer PR study, “Project Superbrand: 10 Truths Reshaping the Corporate World,” seeks to understand how the corporate social responsibility movement has evolved over the past decade since Havas Worldwide’s study on The Future of the Corporate Brand in 2007. Findings include:
- Your Oompa Loompas Are Going Viral: Forget trying to keep corporate secrets under wraps. A majority of survey respondents—including 7 in 10 leading-edge Prosumers—say they make it a point to find out about the companies that provide the products and services they buy.
- Heroes Wanted: Two-thirds of the global sample agree that businesses actually bear as much responsibility as governments for driving positive social change, and 62 percent say they’d like their favorite brands to play a bigger role in solving social problems.
- Clear Values Are Invaluable: More than three-quarters of Prosumers say they prefer to buy from companies that share their personal values, and two-thirds of the global sample say a clear set of values helps companies be more profitable.
“Doing something good for society is no longer a nice-to-have for larger companies,” said Havas PR Managing Director, Brian Beech. “In order to reach ‘superbrand’ status, you must have a strong, clearly communicated social purpose.”
“Project Superbrand: 10 Truths Reshaping the Corporate World” draws on findings from an online survey of 10,131 people aged 18+ in 28 markets: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The survey was created by Havas Worldwide and fielded by Market Probe International.
Prosumer Reports is a series of thought leadership publications by Havas Worldwide—part of a global initiative to share information and insights, including proprietary research, across its network of agencies and client companies. For more information, or to download the latest white paper, please visit: http://bit.ly/Suprbrnd.