Hot Dog! Greggs shows how to eat your Super Bowl snack like a pro
With the Super Bowl now just two days away, the countdown is on to get everything organised for the evening of the Big Game. Fortunately, Greggs have taken one for the team (geddit?) and resolved any snack squabbles in advance: their answer? Hot dogs!
To ensure customers have a stress-free Sunday, Greggs have teamed up with a ‘hot dog guru’ to give expert advise on eating their ‘dog whilst also keeping their eye on the ball.
Janet ‘Queen of Wien‘ Riley, President of the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, has collaborated with the food on the go retailer to produce some essential top tips for eating that all American snack like a pro.
Top Super Bowl Hot Dog tips from Greggs
1. Don’t…Put hot dog toppings between the hot dog and the bun. Always “dress the dog,” not the bun.
2. Do…ensure condiments are applied in the following order: wet condiments like mustard and ketchup are applied first, followed by chunky condiments like relish, onions and sauerkraut, followed by shredded cheese, followed by spices, like salt or pepper.
3. Do…Eat hot dogs on buns with your hands. Utensils should not touch hot dogs on buns.
4. Don’t…Take more than five bites to finish a hot dog.
5. Do…Use paper plates to serve hot dogs. Every day dishes are acceptable; china is a no-no.
6. Do…Lick away condiments remaining on fingers. Do not EVER wash off.
7. Don’t…worry about dripping mustard on clothing, that is perfectly acceptable for this weekend of sporting fun. Plus, your eyes will surely be too glued to the TV screen at this stage in the game to even notice.
Be sure to follow these top dog tips to score the sweet (or rather savory) taste of victory this coming Super Bowl Sunday.
by Alicia Simpson